Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Whiskey is What Men Drink

This summer after my wedding, my wife and I chose to stay with my parents for the summer. I am working on making connections in the legal field here at home. The means that - much to my wife's dismay - we have to leave our place in Virginia. Along with the other aspects of living as newlyweds with one's parents that might be frustrating, the local spirits store doesn't carry my preferred whiskey -- the biggest bummer of all.

A little over a year ago I started drinking Bernheim Original, and have never looked back. It is truly a unique whiskey. Here is the website: http://www.bernheimwheatwhiskey.com/. I'll let you take time to look through the website and learn more about it, as opposed to copying and pasting all the specifics on here. However, in pure laymen's terms, I can tell you that it is a great whiskey for sipping. Most devoted whiskey drinkers out there can sip nearly any whiskey, and enjoy it. For most, they will often add water or cola to dilute the elixir. I will not take the opportunity to knock on such activities, as I myself sometimes like the occasional mint julep. The major difference in Bernheim Original and that of other purveyors of whiskey is that Bernheim is made from a soft winter wheat and not corn, rye, or barley. This results in a much crisper, cleaner drink and no sign of "whiskey face."

Although I do long for the days when I can get back in touch with my old friend, this summer's absence from it has opened many opportunities to sample the different brands out there. This summer's hit list includes: Eagle Rare, 1792 Ridgemont Reserve, and Maker's 46. Of the three, I would highly recommend the 1792 Ridgemont Reserve, then Maker's 46, and lastly Eagle Rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment